Thursday, March 8, 2007

World is Flat by Friedman in Piyush's Word

Reading novels was never been my cup of tea until I entered into my professional life 3 years ago. Few days back i got to know one the best sellers World is Flat by Thomas Friedman, when I first saw this book I was never sure that I could read this book completely as it was a hefty one, but still i mustered up some courage and started reading that book, to my astoninshment this book had nothing related to geography as it seemed to me from the title. The whole subject of this book revolves around how a single topic that how coorporates and government of different countries around the globe have made this World a beautiful place to live and making lives of billions of inmates of this planet much more comfortable.
Although there is one more angle in my view to this book, it shows how the world is shifting its focus from developed to developing countries, how the dependency of global economy shifiting gradually from developed to developing countries all this mainly atttributed to splendid growth posted by two major asian giants India and China.
So all in all I would say if you have any interest in globalisation or want to know why you don't fall down on earth while walking since as per scientists it a sphere and not flat like a cricket ground just read this book, this is a philosophical way of proving that our world is flat not sphere nowadays.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear piyush,

Congrats!! Its gr8 to see ur blog here. well done.

cheers!!

Shruti